- You can’t pick up your pay with no fingers.
- While on a ladder, never step back to admire your work.
- A hardhat on your head keeps you from being dead.
- Don’t get papercuts! They hurt.
- Safety shoes to house your toes; Safety glasses on your nose.
- Your wife will spend your 401k if you get killed at work today.
- Crushed hands or missing fingers may affect your golf swing.
- Safety Officer– trained to save your behind, not kiss it.
- If you plan on violating the Fall Protection rules, please leave details for next of kin.
But seriously…Here are 10 Commandments of workplace safety:
1. Always be responsible for the safety of yourself and others.
2. Always remember all accidents are preventable.
3. Always follow company rules, regulations and procedures.
4. Always assess the risks, stop, and think.
5. Always be proactive about safety.
6. Always avoid situations you’re not trained to handle.
7. Always manage the lift.
8. Always be prepared.
9. Always practice good housekeeping.
10. Always take the safest path, never take shortcuts.
Incorporating these ‘commandments’ into a safety program is a good place for most companies to start. Do you have any to add, or safety success stories to share?