Do you ever feel like there are never enough hours in the workday? Often times it’s easy to take on a little too much, leaving you overwhelmed and overworked. You know what they say, work smarter not harder. That’s why we wanted to share this list of software programs that can help you be more effective during the workday and hopefully a little more stress free when it’s time to go home.
- Want to learn more about your contacts and help establish more productive relationships? Rapportive is a LinkedIn program that works with Gmail. It is essentially an extension onto your browser that gathers personal information on contacts that email you. This includes details such as location, job, company, LinkedIn profile, and shared connections. You can use this tool to get to know your contacts and more easily grow your network.
- Google Analytics is another great tool to help you increase your business effectiveness. This (FREE!) software allows you to track how visitors are interacting with your website by showing where they click, what they search, how they find you, and countless other valuable tools. This tool can really help you understand your consumer so that you can help guide them to the information that they need and want.
- Amazon Web Services is a cloud computing service that is scalable, pay as you go, flexible, and easy to use. Cloud computing is the wave of the future that allows you to access your business data from anywhere and also typically helps you reduce your IT costs. This software could be an easy way to save your business lots of time and money.
- Have you ever considered using a project management system? If you often find yourself working on dozens of projects at a time and struggling to keep things organized, project management software could really help. Some of these programs help you keep track of where you are on a specific assignment, help you prioritize which jobs should be completed first, designate who is in charge of certain tasks, and track the time you spend on different projects. There are several great options for project management systems, such as Basecamp and Clients & Profits.
- Social media has undeniably grown into a powerhouse market with nearly one in four people worldwide using social networks. Are you a bit overwhelmed by all the Tweets, posts, pings, and updates? Consider using a social media management tool that consolidates all of your networks and allows you to post, watch, and respond from a single platform. Consider Hootsuite or Sprout Social which offer options for both small to larger companies. If you are looking for something more robust, Radian6 is a great program that ties seamlessly into Salesforce. These platforms can help you grow your online community and create a positive and lasting impression for your brand.
These programs can help take some of the pressure off of your work week while helping your business run more smoothly and effectively. Do you have any personal favorite technology tools that help you uncomplicate your hectic schedule?