Why is selecting an MCO important to my business?
Workers’ compensation cost can have an adverse effect on a business’s bottom line. The less lost-time days incurred for your workers’ compensation claims, the lower your premiums could be. Therefore, you should make sure your MCO is a good fit for your business philosophy. When making this decision, here are eight questions you should ask of any MCO.
1. How can your MCO help my business save money on my workers’ compensation premiums?
2. How quickly do you get an injured worker back to work?
3. What are the different strategies used to help facilitate return to work for an injured employee?
4. List three medical providers located in the area of my business.
5. Can your company customize injury packets?
6. Is there an online system to access my account?
7. Do you have a sample report I can review?
8. Can I get a few references?
*As a new employer, you have the opportunity to choose an MCO, but if you do not make a selection within 30 days of receiving your certificate of coverage, the BWC may assign an MCO to you.
For more information, click here