The Bureau of Workers’ Compensation (BWC) has announced the release of rebate checks as part of the Billion Back program. The checks will be processed in batches of 40,000 and all checks are expected to be processed and mailed by July 12th.
Mailing schedule is as follows:
- Wednesday, June 26th – approximately 500 warrants, including employers for possible check presentations and Public Employer Taxing Districts (PEC)
- Friday, June 28th – 40,000 warrants, including the remainder of the PEC checks
- Remaining warrants will be printed in batches sequentially by policy number and mailed on Wednesday July 3rd, Monday July 8th, Wednesday July 10th, and Friday July 12th.
- Employers participating in the Group Retrospective Rating program are expected to receive their warrants in September 2013.
Employers seeking information regarding their rebate, may go to BWC’s website and follow these instructions:
- Click “Employers” from the top menu
- Scroll over “Payroll/Premium” on left side of page
- Select Accounts Receivable Transaction History
- Enter Policy number, click next
- Select “Miscellaneous” transactions from the drop down box
- Enter dates (6/01/2013 to current date), click search – displays rebate credit
- Click search again
- Select Payment/Refund from the drop down box
- Enter dates (6/01/2013 to current date), click search – displays rebate refund
Note: Variances in the amount of the rebate credit and the rebate refund are likely the result of an outstanding balance.
If your company does not receive their rebate check by the end of July, please contact BWC so they may look into the situation further.
Thank you for your continued trust in Sheakley. As always, if you have any questions or concerns, your Account Manager is available to help you.