Prevent Falls with 5 Easy Steps
1. Exercise more – Muscular strength can improve balance and reduce falls.
2. Eye doctor visit – Bad eyesight can contribute to falls by failing to recognize obstacles.
3. Medication review – Some medications cause drowsiness or dizziness.
4. Remove obstacles – Look around for anything that could increase the risk of falls, including poor lighting, loose rugs, slippery floors and unsteady furniture.
5. Slow down – Many falls are caused by hurrying.
If you want to learn more about these 5 steps go to: http://www.healthyohioprogram.org/vipp/oafpc/fallsawareness.aspx